Saint Francis High School is pleased to announce that we will be using the Magnus Health Student Medical Record (SMR) system to collect, track, access and protect vital health information for all of our students. This system has replaced Appryse.
There are many benefits to this change including:
· Less paperwork for parents to complete each year
· More accurate information
· Safer medication administrations
· Greater accessibility to both the parents and the appropriate employees at our school
· It also provides secure access to your student’s information in the event of an emergency
In late April 2018, parents/guardians received a welcome email from Saint Francis introducing Magnus Health with steps including how to log in through the SF parent portal.
All student-athletes participating in a sport for the 2018-19 school year…
A Physical Examination Form must be uploaded to your Magnus Health account before the starting date of tryouts and practices of all sports (see dates below). Freshman physicals uploaded to Magnus Health at the time of enrollment may expire prior to the end of a sport season. Parent’s will be notified prior to this expiration date by email through Magnus Health that they will be required to updated and upload a new valid physical.
Physical evaluations are valid for one full year from the date the physical is administered by the doctor. According to California Interscholastic Federation rules, the student must have this physical prior to trying out, practicing for or participating in interscholastic competition.
New Students and Returning Athletes
- Make an appointment with your physician to have a physical evaluation exam
- Complete the Magnus Health enrollment and print out the Physical Examination Form from your Magnus Health account. (this is a two page document for sophomore, juniors and seniors…freshman are required at the time of enrollment to also complete a third page including immunizations.)
- Take the Physical Examination Form with you to your doctor appointment. Once completed by your physician you must upload the Physical Examination Form to your Magnus Health account. Note: This is the only form recognized by the Magnus Health system any other forms will be rejected and may result in delaying the approval process.
· The Athletic office receives the uploaded physical examination form and will either approve or reject the physical through Magnus Health. If approved your students health tracker in Magnus Health will be checked complete. If rejected an email will be sent from Magnus Health explaining the reason why and what your next action should be to complete this process.
- Student-Athletes must have a current physical on file before the first tryout date. No Exceptions!!
2018-19 Saint Francis Tryout Start Dates
Fall – Friday, August 3, 2018
Winter – Monday, October 29, 2018
Spring – Monday, January 28, 2019
*All physicals must be valid throughout the entire season that they are participating in, if at some point during the season a physical expires it will be the responsibility of the parent & student-athlete to update their physical and upload a new one.
- All forms must be uploaded to Magnus Health.
- Physical evaluations are valid for one full year from the date the physical is administered by your doctor.